Being a part of our Company Dance Team is a self-esteem building, energetic and priceless learning experience. You will be amazed at what your child will accomplish and learn in this program. Our elite dancers have excelled and placed across the nation. We strive for excellence and team building. If you are interested in joining our Elite Company Dance we hold auditions in June. We also hold company dance team prep classes to help your child grow to their fullest potential.
Being on the competition team requires dedication from the dancer and parents, as well as the time and financial commitments. Our dancers will compete at multiple regional competitions and may attend 1 national competition this year. The dancers also have the opportunity to participate in convention/workshops throughout the season. Attending at least one convention is mandatory, with the exception of the mini line.
There are several requirements for company dancers.
- All bills (tuition, fees, costumes, ect) must be up-to-date and paid in full, AT LEAST 30 days prior to competition. Late fees will be accrued per dance after this point. Late fees will be $18 extra per dance. All company dancers MUST pay for their monthly tuition via Paypal. Monthly tuition is $90/month for petite and $100/month for junior/teen/senior. Paypal must be set up prior to July 1st, 2017.
- All competitions are mandatory. Competition dates are subject to change at the discretion of the MDS staff. Failure to attend a competition will result in the dancer no longer being a part of the MDS Company Dance Team.
- Uniformity is important at competitions. Questions about costumes, lipstick, eye shadow, earrings, placement of rhinestones, ect- will be discussed at a team meeting, prior to competition. Please utilize one another and your appointed team moms before approaching Stephanie.
- Dancers are to arrive at competition locations dressed and ready, AT LEAST two hours prior to on-stage time. It is your responsibility to find your group, warm up, secure costumes, ect. Failure to arrive at this time may result in your group dancing without you. Directions and times of competition dances will be emailed out approximately one week prior to competition date.
- Class attendance is mandatory, as absences hurt the entire team. Dancers are required to give advanced notification of their inability to attend class, with the exception of a true emergency. Missing competitions due to other sporting events/activities will not be excused. If a dancer misses more than four classes per quarter, they will be required to pay $50 for a private lesson. NO exceptions.